>Midterms week is terrible for some. Not for me, since I don’t really have any midterms, and all the papers that I had to submit are done. HOWEVER! If you’re feeling a strain of mid-semester blues, have a party, and make yourself some Funnel Cake. That’s what I did. And now everyone can be happy.
1 Cup Flour
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2/3 teaspoon of baking powder (doesn’t have to be perfect)
Pinch of Salt
2/3 Cup of Milk
Powdered Sugar for Sprinkling
|frying in the pan!|
- Preheat oil in a frying pan or skillet. MUST be hot.
- Mix together ingredients (except for powdered sugar!)
- Carefully take a LARGE (like a serving size) spoon full of the batter and pour it (thinly, slowly) in spiraling motions and let fly until edges are golden
- Flip over, and continue until slightly golden
- Remove from pan and place over paper towels, (don’t flip.. the oil will hold the sugar well on the top) sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- repeat until the batter is gone!
|yum yum yum ready to eat!|
As for tonight, I’m hosting a tea!