>Hello world! I know it’s been a little while. A lot of crazy stuff has been going on. I’m preparing to get back up to school and get started on my second semester of college. Also, I am competing in the Eastern Sectional Synchronized Figure Skating Regional competition in Lake Placid the first week of February. Also, I just booked tickets to spend my Spring Break in LA with my best! I’ve been working on crocheting a scarf as well. I hope everyone who is back in school is back to working hard, and I hope all you college kids who are still on break are getting ready for the long haul to spring. I dislike the cold immensely and cannot wait for it.
To relieve some of those winter blues, why not try a peanut butter/chocolate fudge? My girl Amanda (hence the name of the recipe) has been craving some reese’s inspired stuff.. so here we go!
My absolute FAVORITE part of this recipe is that this fudge is rich and creamy, and lacks the hassle of using a candy thermometer!
1/2 cup butter
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup hershey’s (milk) chocolate chips
3 king ‘reeses’ cups, chopped
- over a medium heat, melt butter in a pan, combine brown sugar and milk
- bring mixture to a boil and allow to boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently (DO NOT OVERCOOK!)
- remove from heat, and add vanilla and peanut butter
- in a bowl, add powdered sugar and beat until mixture is smooth, adding 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- pour mixture into a greased, 8×8 in dish
- pour remaining chocolate chips and reeses cups on top (or, melt chips and pour over… then add reeses cups on top of THAT)
- chill until firm, and cut in bars
ps. NEW NEW NEW poll soon !