>…but Baked Mac & Cheese? Oh, Yes.
This is the easiest macaroni and cheese in the world. In college, this recipe is great to make and store, so when dinner is terrible or your not in the mood, you can just heat some up. The batch is pretty large, it takes me over a week to get through it, but it heats up really well! It’s a more southern, dri-er recipe, but if you wanted it to be more ooey-gooey, you can add more cheese an milk, and bake for less time.
|hi, cheese-y baked bowl of joy!|
Brooke’s Baked Mac Recipe
Box of Elbow Pasta
3 Cups of Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Today I used 2 1/2 cup sharp white, 1/2 cup vermont)
2 Tablespoons of Melted Butter
2 Cups of Milk (I use skim)
1/4 cup of bread crumbs (I usually use the “italian seasoned” kind)
salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Boil the pasta about 3/4 of the way through
- butter a tray, and combine egg, butter, milk, and salt and pepper to the taste with the pasta in the tray, and stir ingredients, combining well
- Top pasta with bread crumbs
- bake uncovered for about 35 minutes